Here's a list with some small facts about Italy.
1. Italian women were allowed to vote for the first time in 1946.
2. Every year an Italian wolf down 28 kilos of pasta. Try to figure out how much pasta they eat every day....
3. While an Italian man can remarry immediately after divorce an Italian woman has to wait 300 days.
4. At the time of the unification (17th of March 1861) Turin/Torino was the capital city.
5. Between 1865-1871 Florence was the capital city.
6. Rome became a part of Italy in 1870 and in 1871 it was made capital of the country.
7. Italians uses 25 litres of olive oil in a year